“Oats & Chia Seeds Laddus” for the festive season that’s just around the corner. If you are like me and are on a sugar-free diet and still looking for something sweet to satiate your cravings; these laddus are a perfect fit.💯
Loaded with goodness of oats, raw chia seeds and almonds these laddus are healthy & too delicious! I have used wild honey instead of sugar/jaggery. It plays a double role of adding sweetness to these laddus and also acts as the binding agent. Enough has been said about the health benefits of #oats and #chia seeds in the recent times. This festive season is the perfect time to make these #glutenfree #sugarfree #dairyfree #healthy laddus with an unconventional combination of flavours.
These laddus are mildly sweet. You may choose to substitute half the quantity of honey with equivalent amount of grated jaggery or jaggery powder to create a sweeter version of these laddus.
Recipe makes 15 laddus
- Oats – 1 cup
- Almonds – 1 cup
- Raw chia seeds – 3 tbsp
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Green cardamom – 3 to 4, powdered
- Dry roast almonds on medium heat until they turn aromatic. Keep stirring them continually to avoid burning.
- Turn off heat and bring them to room temperature.
- In a blender or food processor, pulse together oats and almonds to a coarse powder.
- Add raw chia seeds, honey & cardamom powder and pulse further until it begins to form dough like consistency.
- Take a fistful of mixture and shape them into laddus and you are all set for the upcoming festivities. These laddus will stay fresh for upto 10 days at room temperature.
So, make them ahead of time and do not be bogged down with making sweets at the last minute and you’ll have plenty of time to spend with your family and friends during the festivals. Make some for yourself and some more to share with your friends who are making healthy food choices this festive season.
If you happen to try this Oats & Chia Seeds Laddu recipe; leave a comment, let me know how it turned out.
Do check my other dessert recipes:
Putani hittina laddu /Roasted split gram laddu
Use in your Instagram posts – #theredplatechroniclesbymeenadanti and tag @theredplatechronicles
To see more of my work, follow me on