“ಕೃಷ್ಣಾ ನೀ ಬೇಗನೆ ಬಾರೋ
ಬೇಗನೆ ಬಾರೋ, ಮುಖವನ್ನೆ ತೋರೋ
ಕಾಲಲಂದುಗೆ ಗೆಜ್ಜೆ ನೀಲದ ಬಾವುಲಿ
ನೀಲವರ್ಣನೆ ನಾಟ್ಯವಾಡುತ ಬಾರೋ || ಕೃಷ್ಣಾ ನೀ ||
ಉಡಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಉಡಿಗೆಜ್ಜೆ, ಬೆರಳಲ್ಲಿ ಉಂಗುರ
ಕೊರಳಲ್ಲಿ ಹಾಕಿದ ವೈಜಯಂತಿಯ ಮಾಲೆ
|| ಕೃಷ್ಣಾ ನೀ ||
ಕಾಶಿ ಪೀತಾಂಬರ, ಕೈಯಲ್ಲಿ ಕೊಳಲು
ಮೈಯ್ಯೊಳು ಪೂಸಿದ ಶ್ರೀಗಂಧ ಘಮಘಮ
|| ಕೃಷ್ಣಾ ನೀ ||
ತಾಯಿಗೆ ಬಾಯಲ್ಲಿ ಜಗವನ್ನೇ ತೋರಿದ
ಜಗದೋದ್ಧಾರಕ ನಮ್ಮ ಉಡುಪಿ ಶ್ರೀ ಕೃಷ್ಣ
|| ಕೃಷ್ಣಾ ನೀ ||”
🔸kRSNa nI bEganE bArO – oh, Krishna, please come quickly!
🔸bEganE bArO mukhavannu tOrO – Come quickly and show your face!
🔸kAlalandigE gejje nIladabAvuli – with beautiful anklets on your feet, sapphire armlets,
🔸nIlavarNane nATyavAduta bArO – oh blue-hued one, come with dancing steps!
🔸uDiyalli uDugejje beraLalli uMgura – wearing a waist band with bells, a ring on your finger,
🔸koraLalli hAkida vaijayaMtimAlE –round your neck, the Vyjayanti mala,
🔸kAzi pItAmbara kaiyalli koLalu – (wrapped round your waist) a yellow coloured silk garment from Kashi, holding the flute in your hand.
🔸pUsIda zrIgandha maiyyOLagamma –the sandal paste applied on your body exudes fragrance.
🔸tAyige bAyalli jagavannE tOrida – you who revealed the whole universe in your mouth to your mother,
🔸jagadOddhAraka namma uDupi zrI kRSNa – you are the saviour of the world, dear Krishna of our Udupi!
This is a popular kannada classical song composed by the 15th Century poet and scholar, Vyasatirtha.
If you have been busy at work or haven’t had the time to make any elaborate preparations to celebrate the festival…here are quick & easy to make “Oreo laddus” to celebrate the occasion. I would have usually preferred to make something more traditional sweet for the occasion, but the current circumstances around me demanded something quick. These laddus use minimal ingredients and were super quick to make. Just mix condensed milk in some Oreo biscuit crumbs. Add chopped pistachios and shape them into laddus. No need to add any sweetener since the biscuits & condensed milk are quite sweet already. Unlike me, if you have some time on hand, add some poppy seeds & dry roasted coconut for additional mini crunch in the laddus.
Recipe makes 7 Oreo laddus
- Oreo biscuits – 12 / pack of 120g
- Pistachios – 1 to 2 tbsp, chopped
- Condensed milk – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Poppy seeds – 1 tsp (optional)
- Dry coconut – grated, dry roasted (optional)
- In a blender/food processor pulse the biscuits to form coarse powder.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped pistachios ( save some for garnishing if you like), poppy seeds (optional) & dry roasted dry coconut (optional).
- Mix well.
- Add condensed milk little at a time. Mix well. Check for binding consistency.
- Shape into balls and enjoy.
My son is not very fond of the traditional sweets & when he found out that I was getting ready to make Oreo laddus; he was more than happy to help out. In fact, he almost made these laddus himself, except for shaping them. There is no cooking involved in making these laddus. So, mommies out there can use this recipe for a fun activity with your kids.😃
Tips & Tricks:
- If you prefer your desserts mildly sweet, remove the cream from half of the biscuits before grinding them.
- Use this cream with other digestive biscuits/plain biscuits to make a variation of this laddu.
- I made some laddus with marie biscuits & realised that since there was no cream, the texture of the laddus was going to be different & they needed more condensed milk to form a binding consistency. Adding this leftover biscuit cream will change all that. Give it a try.
- You may use any chopped nuts for adding crunch in these laddus – almonds, cashew nuts or chironji will work equally well like pistachios.
If you happen to try this Quick & Easy, No Cooking Oreo Laddu recipe; leave a comment, let me know how it turned out.
Do check my other dessert recipes:
Oats-Almonds-Chia Seeds Laddu – Quick recipe
Putani hittina laddu /Roasted split gram laddu – Quick recipe
Use in your Instagram posts – #theredplatechroniclesbymeenadanti and tag @theredplatechronicles
To see more of my work, follow me on