Eid Mubarak to everyone celebrating the culmination of month long fasting. Happy moon-sighting to you all!
After the successful attempts at making mango kulfi & malai kulfi; I was excited to try making kulfis with litchis. As I said in my previous post, I was already thinking about life beyond mangoes and I must say it is looking good so far.😆
Litchis are far more sweeter than mangoes which meant I had to use very minimal sugar, that makes a happy me!😊
Note: I used an entire bunch of litchis to make 6 kulfis. The bunch roughly weighed 900gm including the stalk and leaves.
Recipe makes 6 kulfis (100ml moulds)
- Litchi – 1cup, peeled & shelled
- Nestlé milk powder – 6tbsp
- Amul fresh cream – 1/4cup
- Sugar – 2tsp (optional)
- Almond – 12 to 15
- Cashew nut – 7 to 8
- Pistachio – 2tbsp
- Green cardamom – 1 to 2
- Wash, peel & de-seed litchis.
- Blend together – almonds, cashew nuts, pistachios, sugar and green cardamom to a fine powder. Keep aside.
- Make a fine pureé of litchis.
- Add milk powder to litchis and mix well such that no lumps remain.
- Add fresh cream and mix well.
- Add the nuts powder & mix well such that no lumps remain.
- Pour in kulfi moulds. Cover the tops with aluminium foil.
- With a knife, cut a slit in the foil and insert kulfi stick/wooden skewer.
- Freeze for atleast 8 hours or overnight and enjoy through the hot summer days.
If you happen to try my litchi kulfi recipe; leave a comment, let me know how it turned out.
Also try my other kulfi recipes:
Use in your posts – #theredplatechroniclesbymeenadanti
To see more of my work, follow on Instagram– @theredplatechronicles
Facebook – TheRedPlateChronicles
One thought on “Litchi Kulfi – No cooking/churning”