Recipe serves 4
- Orange juice – 2cup
- Sugar – 3tbsp
- Custard powder – 2tbsp
- Bread – 12slices
- Orange juice for dipping bread – 1/2 to 3/4cup
- Ice cream – 4scoops, vanilla flavour
- Pistachios – 1tbsp, chopped
- Cherries – 4
- In a saucepan, add Orange juice, sugar and custard powder.
- Whisk it well.
- Heat the sauce pan on medium-low heat and continuously whisk to ensure no lumps are formed.
- Cook until it starts bubbling and thickening.
- Turn off great and allow to room temperature and orange custard is ready to be used.
- Take four serving glasses.
- Using a circle cookie cutter or a steel bowl cut the bread slices into discs same size as the serving glass.
- Dip a disc of bread in Orange juice and place it in the serving glass.
- Add a layer of orange custard over it.
- Repeat steps 8 & 9 two more times.
- Refrigerate all the glasses for about 30 minutes.
- Top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Drizzle a teaspoonful of orange custard on the ice cream scoop.
- Sprinkle pistachios.
- Add cherry on top and serve immediately. Enjoy this delicious easy peasy and stylish dessert with your family and friends.
If you happen to try this Orange Custard recipe; leave a comment, let me know how it turned out.
Do check my other quick & easy dessert recipes:
Putani hittina laddu /Roasted split gram laddu
Use in your Instagram posts – #theredplatechroniclesbymeenadanti and tag @theredplatechronicles
To see more of my work, follow me on
Have a great day you all!
2 thoughts on “Orange Custard”